PDA

View Full Version : Children In Need 2008

DaVeyWaVey
14-11-2008, 19:08
Anyone watching this?

Not too keen on Mcfly's new song..

Abigail
14-11-2008, 20:55
Haven't heard it. Loved The Bill routine, made me giggle.

Chloe O'brien
14-11-2008, 21:41
I haven't seen the bill yet as we have different stuff up in Scotland. Loved the Dr Who bit, can't wait to see the Christmas episode.

true.moon
14-11-2008, 22:01
anyone know what leon jackson sang? i loved it.

CrazyLea
14-11-2008, 22:07
I hate how we all have different ones :p Makes it hard to talk about haha.
Dave, and other Welsh people.. did you see the News reporters :lol:. Jamie and Derek cracked me up. :lol:

Loved the Eastenders bit! That's all I've seen because of the rugby. WOOOO WALES !!!! :D. Now my sister is taping Law and Order :crying: So I'll watch stuff on the iplayer after.

Abbie
14-11-2008, 22:29
Ive just got in from work but Ive been taping it :p how sad am I
as Tess been on yet?

DaVeyWaVey
14-11-2008, 22:31
Yes the news reporters bit was really funny :lol:

Abbie
14-11-2008, 22:36
:cheer: I cant wait to watch it.
Im gonna watch it from now till I fall asleep and then watch what Im taped, which is basically when it started till 10 :D
when did it start?

Kirsty :]
14-11-2008, 22:38
Aww the Welsh bit! I missed the news reporters, saw the bit in the Millenium Centre though, ahah they had a lady from our local Asda on there :D Woo! Haha
Loved the Eastenders bit!!! :D
Looking forward to Hairspray too!... I absolutely love Hairspray and it's the West End again :D:D Yippeeeee

JustJodi
14-11-2008, 22:41
this is my 7th year watching it,, I loved the East Enders meets West end,, omg Christian was just GORGEOUS,, did I understand it correctly John used to be on the West End,,, that lil guy Jay, is pretty good he can move rather well LOL !!!! They did all the rehearsing all in ONE DAY ??? wow:eek: :eek: :eek:
Why does Tess always look like she is wrapped up in a colored condom ??:searchme: :lol:

JustJodi
14-11-2008, 22:42
;625421']Aww the Welsh bit! I missed the news reporters, saw the bit in the Millenium Centre though, ahah they had a lady from our local Asda on there :D Woo! Haha
Loved the Eastenders bit!!! :D
Looking forward to Hairspray too!... I absolutely love Hairspray and it's the West End again :D:D Yippeeeee

You did not miss the news reporters !! They usually perform closer to the end:searchme: so U are Okie dokie:D

DaVeyWaVey
14-11-2008, 22:45
:lol: jodi at your comment about Tess. :D

The ironic thing about this event though is all these celebrities telling us to give away our money.. which is fair enough as I have donated, but you do have to wonder.. have the celebrities been generous and given their money away as well? .. with what some of them earn, they could really make a difference by giving some generous donations!

Kirsty :]
14-11-2008, 22:46
:lol: jodi at your comment about Tess. :D

The ironic thing about this event though is all these celebrities telling us to give away our money.. which is fair enough as I have donated, but you do have to wonder.. have the celebrities been generous and given their money away as well? .. with what some of them earn, they could really make a difference by giving some generous donations!

HAHA THAT IS WEIRD! I said the exact same thing at my Mums earlier

Omg Hairspray! I'm getting more and more and more and more excited :D

CrazyLea
14-11-2008, 23:04
Hmm John Partridge was pretty yummy actually. Is that his name lol? Is he gay in real life?

Abbie
14-11-2008, 23:15
:lol: the bbc news readers

StarsOfCCTV
14-11-2008, 23:18
Doesn't look like the Holby or Casualty lot are on tonight. Boo hiss. :p

The newsreaders and EE were funny though.

Abbie
14-11-2008, 23:20
Aww have holby not done anything :( I thought thought they were

StarsOfCCTV
15-11-2008, 00:01
I know!! They should do another vid like that Madonna hung up one it was hilarious.

They all seem to be doing medleys this year I preferred the 3 minute one video thing.

StarsOfCCTV
15-11-2008, 00:06
They are repeating the videos of the acts like EE etc now. So what's the point in watching it to the end? That's a bit annoying. They so could've fitted in Holby now. :p

JustJodi
15-11-2008, 00:53
I turned the show off when one of the performers said he was giving back a little of his success ( meaning his time not his money )Why can't these performers say they have donated some money to the children in Need,, they can afford a few hundred pounds, it isn't as if they are hurting for money..Those underprivilaged kids can not eat those songs those performers sang, or use the songs to walk, see, get counseling... all that money was donated by every day people.. shop keepers..tellers at the banks,,normal every day people.
I mean its all nice for them to DONATE their time, but did they even contribute to the fund ???:searchme: :searchme:
Colin Ferrel, Jack Black, etc,, did they donate any money ?? Or were they told just to tell people watching to dig deep and call the number?034567 33 22 33.
Sorry for the rant, but it just makes my blood boil :mad:

Jessie Wallace
15-11-2008, 01:30
I turned the show off when one of the performers said he was giving back a little of his success ( meaning his time not his money )Why can't these performers say they have donated some money to the children in Need,, they can afford a few hundred pounds, it isn't as if they are hurting for money..Those underprivilaged kids can not eat those songs those performers sang, or use the songs to walk, see, get counseling... all that money was donated by every day people.. shop keepers..tellers at the banks,,normal every day people.
I mean its all nice for them to DONATE their time, but did they even contribute to the fund ???:searchme: :searchme:
Colin Ferrel, Jack Black, etc,, did they donate any money ?? Or were they told just to tell people watching to dig deep and call the number?034567 33 22 33.
Sorry for the rant, but it just makes my blood boil :mad:

Many many many of the celeb's do donate money too hun, and lots too, and i know they can afford to, but many also donate to other charity's. As soon as you become famous you are asked by many charity's to help them out, as when you win big on the lottery!
Loves ya babes, and when we actually going to met on msn at the same time, we keep saying we need to chat up :hugs:

Layne
15-11-2008, 09:17
How much did they raise all together last night - does anyone know?!

JustJodi
15-11-2008, 11:14
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1085859/Dancing-queens-BBC-newsreaders-don-bellbottoms-platforms-Children-In-Need-Abba-tribute.html

Abbie
15-11-2008, 20:58
Whooo they beat last year :cheer:

Chris_2k11
15-11-2008, 21:33
I didn't think much of the eastenders thing to be honest, I thought last years was miles better.

Abbie
15-11-2008, 22:45
Im watching it now from what Ive taped and Ive just heard duffy talk, Iv never heard her talk before :lol: she doesnt sound how I thought :rotfl:

JustJodi
17-11-2008, 09:18
Hmm John Partridge was pretty yummy actually. Is that his name lol? Is he gay in real life?

Lea I just read that he is indeed openly GAY..hes done loads and loads of musicals,,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Partridge_(performer)

Abbie
17-11-2008, 18:49
I now watched what I taped, I loved eastenders and Loved the stricly come dancing with tess and terry :lol: