PDA

View Full Version : Don't Crack On Air, Mccririck Warns Michael

Luna
02-01-2006, 12:53
RACING pundit John McCririck warned Michael Barrymore that Big Brother will be desperate to make him crack on camera.

McCririck, who appeared in the celebrity edition of the Channel 4 show last year, says the producers will be targeting his emotional side to make him cry.

"The producers would love Barrymore to break down," he said. "They won't be telling him not to talk about anything, but will edit out anything legally dodgy."

The betting expert also urged viewers not to judge former TV favourite Michael too harshly, adding: "I would have thought Michael has been through so much he will know that this is his one last chance.

"A lot of people are disgusted with him and it's quite right that that should be reflected. But I hope there is not a campaign against him because the man has suffered enough."

McCririck, 65, who disgusted housemates with his nose-picking and chauvinist chat also tipped the controversial star for success. "I think that with Michael's quick repartee alongside his recent downfall it will make rivetting viewing," he said.

Advertisement

"He could be the life and soul of the show. But he has so much emotion to unleash. It could all burst out."

CONTESTANTS' LIKELY LINE-UP

FARIA ALAM
Former FA secretary, 39, had affairs with England boss Sven Goran Eriksson and chief executive Mark Palios.

DENNIS RODMAN
Cross-dressing US basketball player, 44, dated Madonna, wed ex-Baywatch star Carmen Electra in a Las Vegas chapel.

ANNA NICOLE-SMITH
Former Playboy Playmate and topless dancer, 38, wed US billionaire J Howard Marshall, 90. He died a year later.

BOY GEORGE
Flamboyant Culture Club ex might come out about his recent arrest and upcoming trial for alleged cocaine possession.

DR GILLIAN MCKEITH
Scary Scots diet guru who hosted You Are What You Eat, hates pizzas and helped Pop Idol star Michele McManus lose 8st.

SHANE MCGOWAN
Hard-drinking Pogues frontman, 48, could spill the beans on pals Kate Moss and her ex - druggie singer Pete Doherty.

JOHNNY VEGAS
Beer-loving 18 stone comic, suffers from gout. Starred in Monkey ads for ITV digital. Married Kitty Donnelly in 2002.

JIMMY TARBUCK
Gap-toothed Liverpool comic popular in 70s and 80s, now aged 65. Golf-loving Tarby is the father of TV presenter Liza.

ESTHER RANTZEN
Former Strictly Come Dancing contestant and That's Life presenter, 64. Has OBE and chaired charity Childline for 20 years.

BRIAN HARVEY
Sacked from East 17 for promoting ecstasy use. Now 31, quit I'm A Celeb, ran himself over in his car and is engaged to Emma B.